Flight Instructor Jobs
ATP Needs Multi-Engine Flight Instructors!
ATP offers one of the most desired flight instructor jobs in the country, where you will earn more and build multi-engine experience faster than anywhere else. How many CFIs are we hiring? Check out a list of ATP CFIs who’ve recently come to work with us.
Minimum Qualifications & Flight Experience
ATP is accepting applications from qualified instructors. Minimum requirements include:
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating
- Instrument Instructor (II) Ratings
- 100 Hours Multi-Engine PIC (PA-44 Preferred)
- 40 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
using Airline-Style Crew Resource Management Experience
- 40 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
- Garmin GNS 430 & HSI Experience
To instruct for ATP, you must be able to fly to Airline Transport Pilot standards in the right-seat of a Piper Seminole. This level of proficiency is required due to the flight training demands by our customers for ATP Certificates and CFI ratings.
To ensure this level of performance, you must successfully complete a proficiency program provided by ATP at no cost to you. The Instructor Proficiency Program in Jacksonville, Florida includes approximately 4 hours of multi-engine time and 4 hours of single-engine time with an ATP Flight Standards Manager and Chief Pilot. Plus, you will receive unlimited access to multi-engine FTDs to stay proficient.
ATP invests approximately $5,000 into your flight proficiency to ensure you meet the high standards expected of an ATP flight instructor.
During your proficiency flying in Jacksonville, you will work from ATP's Scheduling Center at Jacksonville Beach. When a position becomes available at your selected ATP Training Center(s), you can immediately relocate and fill the position. ATP offers you unlimited use of on-site Frasca Level 3 Seminole FTDs to maintain your flight proficiency, and you will be expected to take advantage of it to remain fully proficient.
Flight Instructor Pay
ATP flight instructors receive a very modest base retainer fee, plus additional flight-hour pay and bonuses that correspond to students' on-time, first-time checkride pass. Instructors can earn between $1,800 and $3,000 per month.
- At the ATP Scheduling Center and Instructor Proficiency Program in Jacksonville, FL:
- $1,500 per Month Retainer
- FREE Housing
- While at your assigned Training Center:
- $750-$1000 per Month Retainer (varies by training center), PLUS
- $100 On-Time, First-Time Checkride Pass Bonus for each student, PLUS
- $7.50-$12.50 per Flight & FTD Hour (varies by program), PLUS
- $15 per FAA Exam Proctored
- Housing Available at Training Centers
for $300 per Month (furnished, no lease required)
The more you fly, the more you earn.
ATP offers more flying than any other academy, college, or small FBO
Benefits of Instructing with ATP
- Gain ATP’s assistance with regional airline job placement.
- Build multi-engine and total time quickly to meet airline and corporate hiring minimums.
- Multi-engine dual experience rapidly moves you to the top of PilotPool.com
- Work with dedicated, motivated students.
- Fly the largest fleet of standardized multi-engine aircraft.
- Free housing available during proficiency flying in Jacksonville.
- Housing, furnished with no lease obligation, is available at training centers for reduced rates.
- Performance bonuses.
- FREE Regional Jet Standards Certification program after 600 hours dual-given.
As an ATP instructor, you are required to have an iPad for training purposes. Your iPad gives you access to courseware, charts and approach plates, and test prep that you'll use.
ATP recommends the iPad with Retina Display, 32 GB, and Wi-Fi + Cellular (Available from Apple).
Memory of at least 32 GB will ensure you can download and store all the training material and enroute charts and approach plates for offline viewing. Cellular enables additional GPS features that can enhance situational awareness. Plus you get the added convenience of downloading charts and approach plates wherever you are. Other compatible iPads include the iPad mini and iPad 2.
Airline Placement & Networking
Instructing at ATP gives you a tremendous networking opportunity as you work with pilots from all certification and flight experience levels ranging from U.S. military pilots; corporate pilots; regional airline pilots; independent aircraft owner/operators; and career-minded private pilot students. In the close-knit pilot community, your associations will create additional opportunities which will ultimately increase your career earnings.
In the Airline industry today, timing is essential. As an instructor for ATP, you will get the most opportunities to achieve your goals the fastest.
Seniority is Everything—Get there First with ATP
Training Center Assignments
You have the opportunity to instruct at any of ATP’s 31 Flight Training Centers across the nation. Training Center assignments are made based on instructor turnover, student load, and other operational objectives. Specific training center requests will be considered, with option to transfer when available.