Flight Instructor Jobs ATP Needs Multi-Engine Flight Instructors!
ATP offers one of the most desired flight instructor jobs in the country, where you will earn more and build multi-engine experience faster than anywhere else.
Guaranteed Training Center Selection
ATP guarantees your preferred training center after completing the instructor proficiency program. Here’s how it works:
- Schedule your instructor proficiency program and lock-in your training center assignment
- Complete the instructor proficiency program in Jacksonville, FL
- Begin instructing at a temporary training center assignment (if your preferred training center is not immediately available)
- Transfer to your preferred training center by your guaranteed date
Lock-in your guarantee by scheduling your instructor proficiency program start date. Guaranteed availability is updated real-time.
If your preferred training center shows "Available Immediately" at the time of scheduling your instructor proficiency program, you bypass the temporary assignment and go directly to your preferred training center after completing the instructor proficiency program.
“2 or 4 Months”
If your preferred training center shows "2 Months" or "4 Months", ATP will offer you a temporary assignment. No later than 2 or 4 months after completing instructor proficiency, ATP will transfer you to your preferred training center. This allows you to immediately begin building flight time as a CFI, help ATP meet our students' needs, and transfer to your preferred training center on a defined timeline.
If your preferred training center shows "Not Guaranteed", ATP will offer you a temporary assignment. While at your temporary assignment, you can continue to monitor the availability of your preferred training center and request a transfer if it becomes available.
Your guaranteed assignment is reserved at the time of scheduling your instructor proficiency program. The 2- or 4-month clock starts upon completing the instructor proficiency program.
In some cases, ATP may ask you to continue training your assigned students to a suitable transition point before transferring to your guaranteed training center. For example, if your students are almost ready to solo, ATP may ask that you help get them to that milestone before transferring.
Certification & Flight Time Minimums
ATP requires CFIs to meet the following certification and flight experience minimums:
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating
- Instrument Instructor (II) Ratings
- 50 Hours Multi-Engine PIC (PA-44 Preferred)
- 35 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
Instructor Proficiency Program
To instruct for ATP, you must be able to fly to Airline Transport Pilot standards in the right-seat of a Piper Seminole. This level of proficiency is required due to the flight training demands by our customers for ATP Certificates and CFI ratings.
To ensure this level of performance, you must successfully complete a proficiency program provided by ATP at no cost to you. The instructor proficiency program in Jacksonville, Florida includes approximately 4 hours of multi-engine time and 4 hours of single-engine time with an ATP Flight Standards Manager and Chief Pilot. Plus, you will receive unlimited access to multi-engine FTDs to stay proficient.
ATP invests approximately $5,000 into your flight proficiency to ensure you meet the high standards expected of an ATP flight instructor.
Flight Instructor Pay
ATP flight instructors receive a very modest base retainer fee, plus additional flight-hour pay and bonuses that correspond to students' on-time, first-time checkride pass. Instructors can earn between $2,000 and $3,000 per month.
- At the ATP Scheduling Center and instructor proficiency program in Jacksonville, FL:
- $1,500 per Month Retainer
- FREE Housing
- While at your assigned Training Center:
- $1000 per Month Retainer, PLUS
- $100 On-Time, First-Time Checkride Pass Bonus for each student, PLUS
- $7.50-$12.50 per Flight & FTD Hour (varies by program), PLUS
- $15 per FAA Exam Proctored
- Housing for $300 per Month (furnished, no lease required)
- Weekend Time-Off, provided your students are on-schedule.
- FREE ATP CTP after 800 hours dual-given ($4,995 value).
The more you fly, the more you earn. ATP offers more flying than any other academy, college, or small FBO.
Benefits of Instructing with ATP
- Gain ATP’s assistance with airline job placement, including corporate and 135 charter jobs available before 1500 hours.
- Build multi-engine and total time quickly to meet airline and corporate hiring minimums.
- Multi-engine dual experience rapidly moves you to the top of PilotPool.com
- Work with dedicated, motivated students.
- Fly the newest, largest fleet of standardized aircraft.
As an ATP instructor, you are required to have an iPad for training purposes. Your iPad gives you access to courseware, charts and approach plates, and test prep that you'll use.
ATP recommends the iPad mini, 32 GB, and Wi-Fi + Cellular (Available from Apple).
Memory of at least 32 GB will ensure you can download and store all the training material and enroute charts and approach plates for offline viewing. Cellular enables additional GPS features that can enhance situational awareness. Plus you get the added convenience of downloading charts and approach plates wherever you are. Other compatible iPads include the iPad with Retina display and older iPad 2.
Airline Placement & Networking
Instructing at ATP gives you a tremendous networking opportunity as you work with pilots from all certification and flight experience levels ranging from U.S. military pilots; corporate pilots; regional airline pilots; independent aircraft owner/operators; and career-minded private pilot students. In the close-knit pilot community, your associations will create additional opportunities which will ultimately increase your career earnings.
In the Airline industry today, timing is essential. As an instructor for ATP, you will get the most opportunities to achieve your goals the fastest.
Seniority is Everything—Get there First with ATP